torsdag den 25. april 2013

Breakfast Interview with Cher



Patricia Sheridan from the Post Gazette caught up and Cher, chatting about her career and upcoming projects in this candid interview..
Cher has been entertaining new and old fans for five decades. She began her career sharing the spotlight with her then husband, the late Sonny Bono, singing numerous hits, including “I Got You Babe,” on their popular television show, “The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour.” Their daughter, Chastity, underwent a sex change operation and is now Chaz. Cher also has a son, Elijah, with ex-husband Gregg Allman. The multitalented entertainer went on to win an Academy Award for “Moonstruck” as well as appearing in “Silkwood” and “Mask.” Now 66, she is coming out with an album later this year and on Friday at 8 p.m. will join Robert Osborne as a guest programmer to debut TCM’s “Friday Night Spotlight” series with “A Woman’s World: The Defining Era of Women in Film.”
LISTEN to this interview.
Do you remember the first movie that really moved you?
Dumbo.” I was 4 years old. It changed my life forever because I looked up on the screen and said, “That’s what I’m going to do when I grow up.”
So did fame turn out to be everything you thought it would be?
Actually, I didn’t think I wanted to be famous. I mean, at some point obviously I did. I looked up on the screen and I wanted to be up on the screen and be an actor. I just knew I wanted to sing and dance and be silly up on the big screen and have everybody sitting in the audience clapping.
So has fame been what I thought? I had no [expletive] idea what it was going to be, you know? There are a lot of times it’s wonderful, and I get to do things I would never be able to do and meet people. Like last night, I was working on my album and I was in heaven because it was so much fun, and I still love that. I still love acting. I love being on stage. I love it. And it has some really bad down sides, too.
When you don’t want the attention and it continues.
And you go someplace and you totally forget. Like you don’t think and all of a sudden there are people everywhere, and they ruin your life. They ruin it for you and everyone else who is with you. You forget. I forget. I’m always forgetting.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar