tirsdag den 13. september 2011

Cher to support Chaz on Dancing

Cher is to make a surprise appearance on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ to support her son Chaz Bono.The ‘Believe’ hitmaker hasn’t confirmed which show she will attend, but has made it clear she will be in the audience for at lease one episode to make “a statement” against negative attitudes towards her transgender son.
According to TMZ.com, the singer is not hoping to drive votes for Chaz – who was born a female named Chastity and began gender reassignment surgery around three years ago – but show her support against “what she considers to be bigotry”.Cher has reportedly become even more determined to appear on the show in the wake of criticism that Chaz’s involvement with ‘Dancing with the Stars’ could be “confusing” for children.
However, the 42-year-old activist recently stood up to these claims, saying he is just a “normal guy” who could have a “positive impact” on young people suffering from gender dysphoria.
He explained: “I’m just a regular guy. All these ideas that children shouldn’t watch me because I’m going to be confusing, all of this stuff, it’s crazy and for all of the kids and teens out there with gender dysphoria, I think it’s going to have a really positive impact.
“I know that if when I was growing up I would have seen someone like me on a show like this it would have made all the difference in the world in my life.
“It’s a much bigger deal to everyone else than it is to me. People who don’t have gender dysphoria aren’t going to catch it by watching me dance on television.”
Dancing with the Stars’ premieres with a special two-hour episode on CTV Two, Monday, Sept. 19 at 8 p.m. ET.
The following night, Tuesday, Sept. 20, ‘Dancing with the Stars’ makes the move to CTV for a special episode titled “Meet the Cast” airing at 8 p.m. ET followed immediately by the first results show of the season at 9 p.m. ET on CTV.
What are your thoughts?  Should CHER attend a taping of Dancing with the Stars or just quietly watch at home??
MILA

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar